The history of online gambling is not too old. It was developed in 1994 when Antigua and Barbuda passed the free trade and processing act for giving licenses to the organisation. So that they open online casinos. Antigua and Barbuda is the sovereign state in America lying between the Caribbean Sea and Atlantic Sea. Many countries impose restriction or ban on the online gambling. But it is legal in many countries of Canada, European nations and in nations of the Caribbean. Judi online is the melange of online casinos, poker, sports betting, bingo, lotteries and many other games. It has many forms that change according to place and crowd.
What is the legal status of online gambling in different countries?
- Russia- Gambling is only legal in four regional areas of Russia. In 2009, it is almost banned in all other areas of Russia. It is only legal in four special zones like Altai, Krasnodar, Kaliningrad, and Primorsky regions.
- India- It is totally illegal in India except for lotteries and betting on horse racing.
- United Kingdom- It is completely legal in the United Kingdom under the Gambling Commission, which supervises all forms of gambling in the United Kingdom.
- United States- Gambling is legally restricted in the United States. But the craze of people for that is constantly increasing there. It is seen by the gross revenues that are generated from gambling online games.
- France- Gambling is legal in France. The age that is legal for gambling in France is 18 years. There are main two parties that are responsible for making online gambling legal in France i.e. PMU (Pari Mutuel Urbain) and (FDJ) Française des Jeux.
- Germany- Gambling is completely banned in Germany except for wagering on horse racing.
- Australia- It is completely legal in Australia. It is the biggest country where 80% of people indulge in online gambling and sports betting.
- Canada- online gambling is legal in Canada. In 2004, the first online casino is launched in Canada which make online gambling legal for the citizens of British Columbia and Manitoba.
- Singapore- online gambling is partially legal in Singapore.
- Poland- In, Poland online gambling is completely restricted except for the sites with the polish government license.
Online gambling was developed when in 1994 Antigua and Barbuda passed the free trade and processing act for giving licenses to the organisations for opening the online casinos. The legal status of online gambling is different for different countries as you see above. Somewhere it is completely restricted like in Germany, United States. In many countries like Singapore, India, Poland it is partially legal. In countries like Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom it is openly followed and legal.